Monday, March 11, 2013

midnight, 12th March, once again...


I have been eyeing the clock since the last thirty minutes...

...wondering when I should begin writing this "post"...after all, it is Bhoomi Crop's birthday!!

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & NOW 2013.

Born on 12th March, today the baby is 4 years old. 

I remember, when I came to Calcutta to chase this dream, my daughter was 90 days old. Today, while I am writing this, I can clearly recall the fears, the hopes, the excitement that was so thick among all of us, when we began. 

I recall those early days and nights in Kharagpur when I lived under a plastic canopy and a string bed was my only possession. Plus this laptop.

To a few people, this day means many things - dreams, hopes, failures & faith. You would find it surprising, but as luck would have it, I came across a quote today which is so apt for the occasion, "to succeed, you must be ready to fail."

I admit it is contrary to the work culture in which I grew up, where failure was like the "f" word and was never appreciated. Bhoomi Crop had its more than fair share of failures. But what pulled us through, till today, is the sheer gut to breathe hard & rise again. 

After all, you live only once. 

You have only one life to live and perhaps one real dream to dream. 

How could we not live it and dream it and live it? 

Cheeeers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Journey of Bhoomi Crop

Journey of Bhoomi Crop
Bhoomi Crop is the first limited liability organised farming and distribution company in Bengal. Four CXO level friends put this together. We have no formal training in the art and science of farming and everyday, I, Kaushik Mukherji, learn a new lesson at the farm. Illiterate farmers in the villages, the closeby IIT (Kharagpur) are my teachers and supporters. We are extremely bullish on this business opportunity, which is already making a social difference too.