Monday, February 8, 2010

My name is Kaushik Mukherji & I welcome to you to my blog

Let me take this opportunity to share with you how Bhoomi Crop came into being; I had always been fascinated with organised farming and was deeply inspired by Amul in Anand. My entire life has been in advertising, communication & brand development but I always dreamt of setting up a modern organised farm that can make a real change in the economy of West Bengal. I shared my ideas with some very dear friends, who shared the same idea with their friends & investments were suddenly coming in from more places than I could imagine. Yes, I did put together a carefully made business plan re wrote it about a 100 times and on 12th of March, 2009, Bhoomi Crop was incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journey of Bhoomi Crop

Journey of Bhoomi Crop
Bhoomi Crop is the first limited liability organised farming and distribution company in Bengal. Four CXO level friends put this together. We have no formal training in the art and science of farming and everyday, I, Kaushik Mukherji, learn a new lesson at the farm. Illiterate farmers in the villages, the closeby IIT (Kharagpur) are my teachers and supporters. We are extremely bullish on this business opportunity, which is already making a social difference too.