Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12th March, 2012 = we are 3 years old today!

Birthday of Bhoomi Crop is perhaps, no, it IS as important as the birthday of my children! Some say, Bhoomi Crop is my first baby and I always say yes to that!!
This birthday, Bhoomi becomes three years old.

I recall the day when Dinesh Agarwal, our company secretary called me to inform that the ROC registration has been done in 48 hours (there was a rush to get it ASAP & I was informed that it normally takes a week). When I picked up a copy of the Memorandum of Articles that had the "birth certificate" of Bhoomi Crop, I skipped a heart beat.

Everything came to a pause, for a moment.

I was holding a piece of paper in my hand that almost made me cry; I ran back to office and proudly showed it to Jaydeep, then his father and then I called my wife in Bombay.

Today, we are trying to build a new farm with international technology and a much larger project than earlier. Challenges are many. In fact, that is an understatement! But as I was texting a few friends last night, it seems we are in a phase where each ball is beating us one after the other; it is therefore extremely important to hang-in there. Let this phase go by and not lose our focus. Sooner, we will be in control and take charge completely.

On that note, I bid you goodbye today and hope you enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journey of Bhoomi Crop

Journey of Bhoomi Crop
Bhoomi Crop is the first limited liability organised farming and distribution company in Bengal. Four CXO level friends put this together. We have no formal training in the art and science of farming and everyday, I, Kaushik Mukherji, learn a new lesson at the farm. Illiterate farmers in the villages, the closeby IIT (Kharagpur) are my teachers and supporters. We are extremely bullish on this business opportunity, which is already making a social difference too.