Monday, December 20, 2010

Jingle bell, Jingle bell, Jingle...

I have been writing this one in my head for quite some time.

Many developments in the past few weeks have made us stronger, sentimental, hopeful and a touch sad too. We had promised ourselves when we began Bhoomi Crop, that we will set a benchmark in organised farming in India. Today, as we tether on the edges of 2010 and about to leap into a fabulous new year, I can assure you, our plans for Bhoomi Crop in the new year is bigger than ever!

We have decided to move full speed into a (very) large farm, bring in the best technology in the world, hire the finest minds & rapidly move towards the objectives we had set in 2009, when we began; i.e. Bhoomi Crop will be the new benchmark in organised farming.

p.s.: I am sharing a thought with you today; in my corporate life, it was do or die, right now or never, A-L-W-A-Y-S. The learnings in the gruelling world of farming made me realise that nothing is do-or-die.

Nothing.

You will ALWAYS get a chance to recoup you losses, gather your army and fight to win another day. With this, I wish you a prosperous Bhoomi year ahead. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. This is soo soo true... There is another day.. but ones in a while do-or-die does become relevant when I have to put up a show and students throw tantrums as if they are my boss... Seriously..!

    ReplyDelete

Journey of Bhoomi Crop

Journey of Bhoomi Crop
Bhoomi Crop is the first limited liability organised farming and distribution company in Bengal. Four CXO level friends put this together. We have no formal training in the art and science of farming and everyday, I, Kaushik Mukherji, learn a new lesson at the farm. Illiterate farmers in the villages, the closeby IIT (Kharagpur) are my teachers and supporters. We are extremely bullish on this business opportunity, which is already making a social difference too.